Monday, October 13, 2008

The making of Glorious Translations for putting further very smart writings of

I will grant that more Romanians speak English quite well than all Americans can speak any second language combined, but when it comes to formal translations, there is much to be desired. 
I've found that my reading comprehension of Romanian is quite good- particularly if I sit near an online dictionary, I can read even very academic works at a reasonable pace.
However, there is no online dictionary for terribly mistranslated Romanian scholarly works. Please enjoy a short excerpt:
"Stephen was portrayed holding the double-armed cross. It was the image of the old Greek (Orthodox) emperors. Meanwhile, on Moldavia's cote [sic] of arms, this cross was placed as on that of the Catholic Kingdom of Hungary. Under these circumstances , it can be stated that by Roman papal means, the only emblem of basileic origin, the cross with two arms, ever to be publicly disposed by Stephen, stood in the Christian spotlight."

Ehh....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what about the cross with four arms? publicly disposed?