Romania has a Women's Day on March 1, and they have a tradition of giving women flowers and a small red string bracelet. Apparently, the bracelet tradition precedes Christian times. The color red is a widely used protection against the evil, frequently seen on horse tassles.
In America, on the other hand, we take our mothers out to brunch and buy her mother's day gifts and flowers. I won't be home to do that this year, so I take to my blog to pay my respects..
Liebe Mutti, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!
I also want to acknowledge and pay my respects to her mother, my Muzl, who is not with us for Mother's Day for the first time.
Wir denken oft an dir, Muzl.

1 comment:
My dear Laura,
Thank you for the heartfelt wishes, it made me happy and also very sad to see Muzl so full of life and not with us anymore now. It is a very difficult day today and my thoughts are with Muzl and you and Caroline.
Miss you all very much,
Love MUTTI
Post a Comment